Monday, August 24, 2009

Los Angeles Fashion District Shopping

We did another whirlwind trip to the Fashion District in Los Angeles. My husband found his favorite bacon-wrapped hot dogs with avocado salsa. We accomplished our missing by finding serger thread for $1.50 and scooped up this bargain. Kashcool's (416-418 E. 9th Street)had them for only 99 cents each so we bought every color. My new Bernina 800DL serger should run like a dream with all the fancy new threads we bought! We also loaded up on fabrics (60" wide) for only $1-$2 a yard! My favorite is the ruffle fabric which was $7 a yard from a vendor just down the street from Kashcool's. Miss Eva will soon have fancy ruffle pants. We also bought Camo fabric for the boys for $2 a yard! I'd like to make a fancy fabric rose on a white onsie to go along with the ruffle pants. If anyone has a pattern/tutorial please let me know.

1 comment:

  1. My parents live in San Diego and I have always wanted to drive up to LA for the day to do some fabric shopping when I go to visit them. I am so glad you found all that thread. I need some for my serger, but when I see how much one spool costs, I end up sewing everything in whatever color I have the most of. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete